Genesis 11:9 "Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth:
and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth."

Friday, March 16, 2012

Sometimes Japanese Think Jesus is America's "god!"

Remember how I said in my first post that stroke order is important in writing Japanese Kanji's? Why you ask? ...It just is! Ha-ha. I will tell you as soon as I figure it out myself. No, just kidding. But you will have to check back later for that answer! ;) By the way, stroke order is usually top to bottom and left to right.

Sometimes Japanese think Jesus is America's "god!" Well, Jesus (i.e. Christianity) is not America's "god." Jesus IS God. The Son of God, God the Son. The only true God. Christianity, as it's known today, has been around for thousands of years (And the gates of hell will not prevail against it no matter what the Mormons say! They restored the true church? I don't think so!?!) and our faith in the Creator God of the universe has been since the beginning. If I am not mistaken (and if I am it would not be the first time today!), the good ole' U.S.A. has been around for just around a mere 236 years! Faith in the God of the Bible, called Christianity today, has however been around a long, LONG time. So, Jesus is not America's "god." Some say Christianity has been in Japan (and Asia) only a relatively short amount of time. I don't believe this for one second. There is much historical evidence that Christianity was around and influenced Japanese (and Asian) culture long ago. Today, I want to give you one little piece of that evidence by us taking a look at a simple word... the word boat.

I WILL NOT GIVE AN EXPLANATION TODAY. INSTEAD I WANT YOU ALL TO GIVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND SAY WHAT YOU THINK THIS KANJI'S ROOTS ARE! What is it saying? Is it saying anything? :)

"Fune"(Foo neh) meaning a boat, a ship:

a boat, a ship

boat 
eight 
mouth

Hmmmm? Fune means a ship / a boat. The elements(pieces) of this kanji are three (1) boat, (2) eight and (3) mouth. Hmmmmmmm? Interesting huh? What does this mean? Is there Christian history, yea deep roots, in Asia?

That's it for today's post. Let's discuss this in the comments section of this page! Just click on "comments" below to add your thoughts. See ya. Lord bless.


Today's verse refs.: John 1:1,14; 9:35-37 (God);  Matt. 16:18 (Gates);  Heb. 11:4; James 2:23 (Faith); Gen. 6:14

4 comments:

  1. One thing I would point out is that kanji is originally from China, as is a lot of culture that Japan has adopted. What most people don't know about China is that they used to worship the "High Sovereign" (Shangdi) who is associated with "tian" or heaven. From Wikipedia: "Tian is the ultimate authority, the king of gods who should be admired by the king." No wonder the characters used in China and Japan have Biblical elements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Stephen. Yes, kanji is originally from China. You and I know that, but other readers might not. So thanks for mentioning that. As you know, but others sometimes don't know, Japan way back needed a system of writing and borrowed Kanji from China. Of course now Japanese written language consists of 3 elements used simultaneously: kanji, hiragana, and katakana. I will explain this further in some future post I am sure. I hope this information can be interesting and a blessing to folks back in the U.S. And! I know that you, Stephen, can teach me a lot about Japanese! I hope you can comment again on future posts! Go easy on me though! LOL!

      Isn't God great to give not only artifacts buried in the Earth to point to the Bible's validity, but also give us "artifacts" buried in this ancient system of writing! Japanese is an interesting language to say the least! :)

      Delete
  2. Okay. Give up? LOL. Either folks didn't care to comment (that's fine) or didn't know how to... whatever ever the case. No problem.

    Well, lest this kanji's deeper rooted meaning go unanswered any longer, let's address this:

    This kanji, to me and other Christians, speaks of the true Bible story of Noah's ark. You have a boat, and you have eight and mouth(s) which represents the eight people which were aboard Noah's Ark.

    I think that long ago (possibly some 3000 years ago) when they were deciding what kanji (pictograph) to make to represent boat that they thought of Noah's ark. I think they knew it was a true story. I think they knew it happened. And I think they, the creators of this kanji, believed that this would be the best picture to represent the word "boat." Why? I think if you played a game of word association back then and used the word "boat" that the first other word that would come to the minds of people would be "Noah!" Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, brother, I knew that. Too bad I missed the challenge. We have a book that explains that particular kanji in the prologue. Its title is THE DISCOVERY OF GENESIS. Though I've never taken time to read the book, I have scanned through it. I thought it was pretty amazing how God put stories found in the early chapters of Genesis in Chinese characters. Thanks for your post which, in turn, has reminded me of the book.

    ReplyDelete